The 8 Stupidest Defenses Against Accusations of Sexism, no. 6:
Cracked isn’t doing a good job of keeping up with the times by failing to treat men’s issues with any degree of legitimacy.
Also any comment using “feminazi” or “misandry.”
“Misandry” may be the most efficient word in the English language. In just one word it condenses the self-denying assholery of “I’m not a racist, but …” with the misogyny of “All women are bitches,” throwing in a free persecution-complex bonus, because it’s not like the user was going anywhere. Our previous codeword for “biggest asshole on the planet” took two words because Donald Trump has a first name.
If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at [sic] them, you’re both wrong and also the reason you’re wrong. Most people don’t base their quality of life around how hard it is to get laid, because they actually do get laid, and it isn’t that hard to do. Being a straight male is tremendous fun and sexuality’s lowest difficulty setting: You know what you want and everyone else in your demographic will praise you for being able to do it. No one else on the spectrum of sexual orientation can say that. If women hate you for cursing about how stupid “bitches” are, it’s not because you’re the victim of an anti-male conspiracy: It’s because you’re you.
Let’s examine this logic, step-by-step.
- The use of the word ‘misandry’ is indicative of a deficiency within the user. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem ].
- This deficiency is often rooted in jealousy with respect to female sexuality. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur ].
- This word is most often used by straight males. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question ].
- It follows that straight men who use this word are jealous of female sexuality.
- This is despite men having the most privilege when it comes to sexuality.
I would argue that the writer has a great deal to teach us about the nature of sexism – but perhaps not in the way that he imagines!
Feminism purports to concern itself only with equality – but in reality propagates mistrust, tension and hatred between the sexes.